Better Data = Better Insight = Improved Outcomes
January 10, 2018
Telligen’s data analysts are transform complex data into meaningful insights that tell stories, guide decision-making, & build healthier communities.
To acquire value from healthcare data, a data analysts’ work goes beyond collecting data and producing reports. It requires going beneath the surface to cover actionable insights and collaborating with performance improvement teams where they serve as experts.
Meet the Analysts: Our analytics team uses the skills and expertise of graduate- and PhD-level professionals including biostatisticians, epidemiologists, program evaluators, and specialized healthcare researchers. They collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to review and analyze data and present it in the best possible format for stakeholder use and understanding.
What They Do: This collaboration provides access to project workflows and evidence-base best practices that overall analyses and recommendations. Together with clinical, technical, and workflow experts, data analysts review reports and visualizations to identify gaps and propose recommendations that drive improvement.
Where They’re Doing It: For more than two decades, their work has supported nationwide pay-for-performance initiatives aimed at improving quality and lowering costs. Today, they support multiple national programs addressing healthcare delivery system reform. Here’s a glimpse into into some of their work with state and federal agencies.
Working With Medicare:
- For Medicare’s Advancing Excellence in Long-Term Care campaign; analysts support continuous quality improvement for 4,000 plus participating nursing homes and the state and local organizations that support them. The campaign identified priority quality improvement focus areas, developed tools and resources focusing on systematic quality improvement, and elevated awareness of re-hospitalization, pressure ulcers, pain, infections, medication use and other key areas.
- For CMS and nationwide Quality Improvement Networks/Quality Improvement Organizations, Telligen provides ongoing monitoring reports related to Medicare Part A and B claims and quality reporting data, as well as answer ad hoc analysis requests.
- CMS also relies on Telligen’s analysis of Post-Acute Care Quality Reporting data collected from long-term care hospitals, rehab facilities, and hospices following an inpatient hospital stay. Their analysis enables interoperability and access to the longitudinal information providers need to facilitate coordinated care, improved outcomes, and overall quality comparisons.
- Our analysts have also contributed to improved care transitions and reduced hospitalizations among Medicare beneficiaries by measuring and analyzing the effectiveness of community-level interventions and strategies conducted nationwide.
Working With Medicaid: Telligen provides predictive analytics solutions for multiple state Medicaid programs that help state agencies:
- Stratify populations to identify high-costs and health risks.
- Tailor person-centered interventions designed to improve health-related outcomes.
- Identify cases for follow-up and avoid costs associated with preventable hospitalizations.
- Analyze population level-quality measures and utilization statistics to monitor overall population health.
- Prepare quarterly dashboards for Home and Community-Based Services waiver programs featuring key metrics and longitudinal changes; and per member/per month analysis that drives resource allocation.