6th Annual DIA Hospital Education Program – April 28, 2015
February 18, 2015
Just Culture: Moving Beyond “No Harm/No Foul”
Join us for a day with nationally recognized speaker, David Marx, JD
Marx currently leads Outcomes Engineering in the development and implementation of values supportive practices and culture within high consequences organizations.
Participants at the conference will be able to:
- Demonstrate the link between system safety and workplace justice
- Understand human fallibility and free will, and how systems can be designed around that fallibility
- Build competency around the three manageable behaviors; human error, at-risk behavior, and reckless behavior
- Build competency around the three duties; duty to avoid causing unjustifiable risk or harm, duty to follow a procedural rule, and duty to produce an outcome
- Identify the outcome bias and its negative impact on system safety (no harm – no foul)
- Understand the steps in implementing a Just Culture
When: Tuesday April 28, 2015 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM CDT
Where: Holiday Inn Des Moines – Airport/Conference Center
Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
There is no fee to attend. This program is funded through the Iowa Department of Inspection and Appeals Health Facilities Division from annual hospital licensure fees.
Telligen, under contract with the Iowa Department of Inspection and Appeals Health Facilities Division, is hosting this educational event.